Category: rvrmovayzyyt

Dottin hits out at pay disparity

first_imgBRIDGETOWN,Barbados (CMC):Marquee West Indies Women’s batsman Deandra Dottin has complained about the disparity in pay between men’s and women’s players and says she may be forced to take up alternative employment if the situation is not addressed.Citing the example of the respective payouts for the winners at the recent Twenty20 World Cup in India, the 24-year-old Dottin labelled the disparity as “ridiculous” and said it was “discouraging”.West Indies men’s side pocketed US$1.6 million for beating England in the final of the tournament, while their women counterparts won a mere US$100,000.”Barbados does not really give sports people – and from my point of view, women – the recognition and respect they need,” Dottin told Barbados Today online.”We were actually World champions and a lot of people feel we are getting all of this big money and the payment is equal to the men. That is not so.”She added: “In order for cricket to be better, you need to treat everybody as one. You can’t treat the men at a high level and the women at a much lower level. You (women) only have the fame and the name.more money”We women need to be treated way better than we are being treated – money-wise and respect. Regional male cricketers make more money than West Indies women in cricket.”Dottin is one of the most senior players on the women’s side, having played 90 one-day internationals and 88 Twenty20 Internationals.She became the first woman to score a T20 hundred as she scorched 112 off South Africa Women when the Caribbean hosted the T20 World Cup six years ago.Dottin is one of 11 West Indies women’s players with West Indies Cricket Board retainer contracts, which range from US$1,500 to $3,000 per month.In contrast, the men’s contracts are worth anywhere from US$100,000 up to nearly $150,000.The Barbadian Dottin said with the current of affairs, she may have to resort to playing cricket part-time.”This sort of treatment would discourage anybody from playing cricket. Right now, as a person who plays cricket full-time and loves cricket, I am looking for something else to do,” she said.”And if what I choose to do brings me more income and makes life better for me, I will play cricket part-time. They will not get my full dedication anymore.”last_img read more

Residents hear anti side to HST

first_img[asset|aid=3586|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=ce1a96da27952febaf34c32e197786fc-Van der Zalm HST 1_1_Pub.mp3] Van der Zalm says many things could occur between now and 2014 to stop the promised cuts to the HST, including a different government that would not be bound to the Liberal promise. Delaney further added that since the HST is a federal tax, the Province would still have to get the federal government’s approval to alter the tax amount, which may not be given. Photo: Fight HST lead organizer Bill Van der Zalm tells residents why they should vote “yes” to extinguishing the HST./Kimberley MolinaLocal residents got a chance to hear the other side of the HST debate, Wednesday, when Fight HST organizers Bill Van der Zalm and Chris Delaney held a forum on the controversial tax.Some residents were concerned that since it was a mail-in referendum, the Province would know who voted for or against keeping the HST. However, Delaney says the vote will involve a separate envelope so ballots remain anonymous.- Advertisement -Another question surrounded the confusion of which items were not originally taxed PST, but are now taxed HST. Delaney says a list would be made available on the Fight HST website so residents can see what items they were not paying taxes on previously which they are now.One point Delaney made was that if British Columbians voted in favour of getting rid of the HST tax system and reverting back to the old PST and GST combined system, the items that were not originally taxed PST would continue not to be taxed, despite what he says were some misleading statements from the Province’s Finance Minister.Earlier the same day, the Province announced it would cut the tax two per cent by 2014 as long as British Columbians voted in favour of keeping it during the upcoming mail-in referendum. Furthermore, it offered a one-time $175 rebate cheques for each child under the age of 18 and to seniors whose household income is under $40,000.Van der Zalm says the promise appears to have had the opposite effect intended, instead strengthening the Fight HST campaign. Advertisementlast_img read more

‘We were unlucky to lose’, QPR boss Ramsey tells talkSPORT

first_imgQPR boss Chris Ramsey believes his side were unfortunate not to come away with something from their 2-1 loss against Tottenham Hotspur.The west Londoners slipped to their second defeat in three days and the fourth since Ramsey took charge of the team, leaving them three points from safety.Despite the latest set-back though, Ramsey has decided to point to the positives, insisting that his side once again made a very good account of themselves.“We played two top sides this week, we equipped ourselves well and things didn’t really go our way in the small margins,” he told talkSPORT.Next up for QPR is a huge trip to Selhurst Park to face Crystal Palace and while Ramsey views it as a very winnable game, he refuses to be drawn into talk about points targets over the remainder of the campaign.“We’ve just got to try to get the next three points,” he said. “You can’t control it, you’ve just got to win the games you can.“I’m really looking forward to the next game [against Crystal Palace] and after a bit of a debate with the players, we think we’ve got as much chance of winning that game as we did today, given a bit of fortune.”last_img read more

WC winner and ‘Belgian Iniesta’ available? Liverpool rumour update

first_img Joe Allen: Swansea want the midfielder back – Swansea want Joe Allen back, The Sun is reporting. The midfielder is on the fringes of Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp’s first team four years after signing for the club from Swansea. Swansea have money from selling Jonjo Shelvey and could also offload Bafetimbi Gomis. Would Allen fancy returning to fight relegation, though? Granit Xhaka: Switzerland midfielder can leave Monchengladbach for the right price – Arsenal and Liverpool are said to be interested in the midfielder and Borussia Monchengladbach director of sport has explained 23-year-old Xhaka could be sold if the price is right. Dennis Praet: Agent says player could leave Anderlecht – click the yellow arrow above, right, to see more Liverpool transfer news – Anderlecht’s 21-year-old attacker may not be at the club for much longer, according to his agent Jacques Lichetenstein. “What can he gain by spending one more season at Anderlecht?” he asked Dutch football magazine Voetbal International. Praet would add creativity in the final third and his former team-mate Tom De Sutter once compared him to Andres Iniesta. “Dennis plays like Iniesta. He’s got good technique; he’s solid, holds on to the ball well, keeps things simple and doesn’t panic. His vision of the game is incredible.” 6 6 Jamie Vardy: Alternative to Shane Long up front? – There are alternatives to Shane Long and the Star say Liverpool are looking at Vardy where a newspaper source explains his high work rate make him the ‘right fit’ for the Reds. One area Liverpool appear to need reinforcing is up front.There are other positions that could do with improvements and here, talkSPORT has rounded up the latest news surrounding possible ins and outs at Anfield.LIVERPOOL MANAGER JURGEN KLOPP BEMOANS CONCEDING GOAL FROM ANOTHER SET PIECEClick the yellow arrow above, right, to see more Liverpool transfer rumours and let us know who you would like to the club to sign in January.For all Liverpool news click here. 6 Mario Gotze: Bayern not renewing his contract this month? – Gotze’s contract expires in 2017, but Bayern Munich sporting director Mario Gotze said the club are in no rush to offer him a new one. He insisted there is no problem with the player, but talks would begin when they say. “We all know how the situation is and how long his contract is running,” he told German broadcaster Sat.1. “And we know when there are certain key moments. But we are the ones who are in charge. We are in no rush and will work on this at our leisure.” 6 6 Shane Long: £8m approach rejected by Southampton – Liverpool have made an approach for the striker, but it has been rejected by Southampton. A fee of £8m has been mentioned by the Mirror and despite the club signing Charlie Austin it appears they do not want to sell Long. Former Liverpool midfielder Danny Murphy is glad the bid was turned down: “There’s no point bringing in players who aren’t better than what you’ve already got,” he told talkSPORT. 6last_img read more

ANTI-WIND FARM CAMPAIGNERS COULD SUE COUNCIL AND ENERGY COMPANIES

first_imgANTI-windfarm campaigners in Donegal say they are watching developments in a landmark case – and could sue both Donegal County Council and wind energy companies on health and financial grounds.Seven families in the north Cork village of Banteer are suing a windfarm operator in a landmark case, claiming the huge turbines are adversely affecting their health.Families in Wexford and Roscommon are about to follow suit. The Gweebarra Conservation Group says families in Donegal are watching the cases closely.There are people in Donegal contemplating suing wind companies and the local Council if the situation continues as it is going,” said a spokesperson.“There has been little or no consultation; I’ll-sited turbines with no legal set back distance; deteriorating health and the inability to sell property adjacent wind farms are all concerns for people living in Donegal.“The fact that revenue has given lower Property Tax estimates along the route of the high voltage power line currently being erected by Eirgrid to facilitate wind farms is the State acknowledgment that wind farms and pylons bring down property prices. “People will want to be compensated for having to leave their homes in many instances due to the proximity of wind turbines and high voltage power lines.”The Glenties Windfarm Information Group insists it has no plans to sue anyone – as the group doesn’t believe plans for a windfarm in Straboy/Glenties won’t get the go-ahead.Talk of suing on health grounds is premature, said a spokeswoman.“We do not expect to have a windfarm located here, based on the irrefutable evidence heard at An Bord Pleanala Oral Hearing, October 2012. in Glenties,” she said.“However, we fully understand where the Cork people are coming from, having listened to the evidence of Mr. Dick Bowdler ( on noise/sound ) and Dr. Chris Hanning ( on infrasound-noise/health ). “Also we heard the evidence of peat experts Dr. Olivia Bragg and Dr. Paul Johnston, both of whom pointed to the lack of a detailed peat risk assessment in a populated area, immediately below a ‘peat disposal area’.“We, in Ireland, need our planners and politicians to plan for the future. Windfarms located close to human habitation will not be a future,” she added.ANTI-WIND FARM CAMPAIGNERS COULD SUE COUNCIL AND ENERGY COMPANIES was last modified: March 20th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:ANTI-WIND FARM CAMPAIGNERS COULD SUE COUNCIL AND ENERGY COMPANIESlast_img read more

PUBLIC WARNED AFTER ESB POLES BEGIN TO ROT ACROSS COUNTY

first_imgThe public has been warned to stay away from ESB poles across Donegal after many poles started to decay.Workers have been warned to avoid climbing ESB poles.The ESB has confirmed a group has been set up to examine the poles amidst concerns that some may break.Workers have been told to avoid climbing the poles manually and to use hydraulic lifts instead. It is understood that up to 5% of the poles imported into Ireland from overseas between 1996 and 2008, some 120,000 poles across the country, may be affected.Local county councillor Seamus O Domhnaill has been in contact with the ESB on the matter.He told Donegal Daily that the ESB must set up a public meeting to inform the public of the dangers posed by the poles.Councillor O Domhnaill said the full details of the danger posed by the decaying poles have not been revealed yet. “I have spoken to the ESB and they have described the situation as “an unexpected phenomenon which they are actively investigating.”“I have heard anecdotal evidence that there have been a number of incidents involving workers having near misses.“But there is also a danger to the public passing by these poles.“And although people should not be erecting Christmas lights near these poles, this could happen coming up to the festive season,” he said.    PUBLIC WARNED AFTER ESB POLES BEGIN TO ROT ACROSS COUNTY was last modified: December 3rd, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:decaydonegalESBpolesSeamus O Domhnailllast_img read more

NEW LIFEBOAT PRAISED AS IT REACHES STRANDED FISHERMEN IN RECORD TIME

first_imgThe Lough Swilly Shannon lifeboat.The newly-launched Lough Swilly Shannon lifeboat has been praised after it played a vital part in saving there men from seas off Inishsowen.The boat, on its first full rescue, responded with several other lifeboats and other local boats when there fishermen failed to return to shore overnight.The men, in a 16ft vessel, had gone out to test the boat but had failed to return. The new Shannon lifeboat, who spotted the missing craft on its radar, was first on the scene.A spokesman for the Lough Swilly lifeboat said the response time with the new boat was 50 minutes quicker in reaching the men than it would have taken before.The men were taken back to the shore shortly after 3am much to the relief of waiting friends and relatives.“Very often we don’t have god endings as we saw off Horn Head earlier in the week. But thankfully the outcome here was a happy one. The new boat certainly played its part as did all the rescue vessels and other support boats who responded to the call,” said the spokesman.  NEW LIFEBOAT PRAISED AS IT REACHES STRANDED FISHERMEN IN RECORD TIME was last modified: June 19th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalfishermenInishowenLough Swilly Shannonlast_img read more

Juventus goalkeeper SNUBS Watford interest in favour of Valencia switch

first_imgJuventus goalkeeper Neto will snub any approach from Watford as he wants to join Valencia instead.The 27-year-old wants to quit the Italian champions this summer in search of more first-team football elsewhere.Watford are fans of the Brazilian and reports in Italy state they have lodged a bid of around £7m for him.However, according to reports in Italy, the Hornets’ pursuit will have a sting in the tail as Neto actually wants to join Valencia.The goalkeeper is said to prefer a move to Spain over England and talks are now underway.However, Juventus want at least £8.75m if they are to sanction Neto’s sale and so far Valencia have only offered £5.25m. Juventus goalkeeper Neto 1last_img read more

MAYOR’S DELIGHT AS 125 DONEGAL EVENTS ANNOUNCED FOR THE GATHERING

first_imgDONEGAL Mayor Frank McBrearty has said he is delighted – after announcing that more than 125 events have been planned for the year of The Gathering.“Donegal County Council is delighted to be working with community groups throughout the county to make the Donegal Gathering a year which will place Donegal firmly on the map as a location to visit,” said Cllr McBrearty.“As Mayor I look forward to welcoming people from all parts of the world back to Donegal. “These may be people who left recently, the descendents of people who left many years ago, or people who have an interest in this county for whatever reason. We look forward to welcoming one and all.”The Donegal Gathering will consist of a wide range of events which will take place in all parts of the county.The Donegal Gathering 2013 will take place in the broader context of the Irish Gathering. Full details on the Donegal Gathering can be obtained on www.donegalgathering.comDonegal has now over 125 events registered up on the National Gathering website, and growing daily with some of these events seeking to set new records that are seeking to be entered in the Guinness Book of World Records.  MAYOR’S DELIGHT AS 125 DONEGAL EVENTS ANNOUNCED FOR THE GATHERING was last modified: January 8th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:MAYOR’S DELIGHT AS 125 DONEGAL EVENTS ANNOUNCED FOR THE GATHERINGlast_img read more

‘PONTUS PILOTS’ HOPING TO MAKE IT A ‘GOOD FRIDAY’ AT VOODOO VENUE

first_imgThis weekend Voodoo Venue brings you another action packed 3 nights of quality entertainment. Friday sees the return of the very popular PONTUS PILOTS live in voodoo lounge while Paddy Friel spins the tunes in Voodoo Club.Admission to the club only €5 with a free cocktail till 12. Saturday it’s RECOIL live in the lounge with DJ FLIP in Voodoo Club and DJ KWA in vintage.Admission is free through voodoo lounge from 9pm to 11pm and €10 after. Mark Black & the Trips play in the Greenroom.Sunday it’s the very popular LOUGES playing in voodoo lounge followed . Upcoming events at Voodoo Venue are Tuesday May 27th it’s international DJ WILL SPARKS as special guest at our end of Exams Special.Sunday June 1st it’s Swedish Techno DJ & Producer Christian Smith straight from the opening parties in Ibiza along with the Japenese Popstars .See Facebook for more details and to win complimentary tickets to all of the above events.  ‘PONTUS PILOTS’ HOPING TO MAKE IT A ‘GOOD FRIDAY’ AT VOODOO VENUE was last modified: May 23rd, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:EntertainmentFeaturesnewsVoodoo VenueWEEKEND LINE-UPlast_img read more