To qualify, at least one person in the household must have legal status in the United States and the household must not exceed the low-income criteria set by the federal government. Applications are available in the Department of Housing Services at City Hall, 6615 S. Passons Blvd., or on the city’s Web site, www.pico-rivera.org. Completed applications must be mailed with a postmark date no later than Aug. 31 to the city’s Department of Housing Services, 6615 S. Passons Blvd., P.O. Box 1016, Pico Rivera, CA., 90660. For more information, call (562) 801-4347. Deadline June 12 for teen program LA MIRADA – Applications are now being accepted for the Summer 2006 Leaders in Training program. The program is for teens ages 13 to 16, assigns them to work at a variety of youth recreation programs such as summer day camp, P.A.R.K. programs, sports programs and office work. The application deadline is June 12, and the program runs from July 5 to Aug. 12. Applications are available at the Family Services Center, 13710 La Mirada Blvd., on the lower level of the Resource Center in the Civic Center complex. For more information, call (562) 902-3155, or visit the city’s Web site at www.cityoflamirada.org. Neighborhood meeting tonight WHITTIER – Residents are invited to a Neighborhood Watch meeting tonight. Los Angeles County representatives will be available to answer questions. The meeting will be at 6:30 tonight at 11200 Telechron Ave. For more information, call (562) 698-7645. Hospital needs blood donors WHITTIER – Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital urges residents to donate blood. Insufficient blood supplies could cause postponement of surgeries and create added dangers in emergencies. Donors must be at least 18 years old; 17-year-olds may donate with parental permission. Blood donations can be made at the PIH Donor Center, 12401 Washington Blvd. Hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays and from 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays. Appointments are encouraged, but not required. To make appointments, call (562)698-0811, Ext.2872. – From staff reports160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! VALENCIA – A Santa Fe Springs man is in custody after a fatal boating accident at Pyramid Lake, authorities said. A 38-year-old man on an inner tube was attached to the boat by a long rope when the boat pilot, identified as John Galvan, 46, of Santa Fe Springs, made a wide turn to avoid a nearby boat that was not moving, sheriff’s Lt. Tom Bryski said. When Galvan made the turn, the man on the inner tube swung toward the stationary boat, hitting it head-on, Bryski said. The man, whose name has not been released, was pronounced dead at Henry Mayo Hospital. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORE11 theater productions to see in Southern California this week, Dec. 27-Jan. 2Bryski said Galvan appeared to be under the influence of alcohol by deputies at the scene and was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter. Galvan was being held on $100,000 bail at the sheriff’s Santa Clarita Valley Station. There were no other injuries, Bryski said. Applications open for rental help PICO RIVERA – The city’s Housing Assistance Agency will accept applications for Section 8 rental assistance through Aug. 31. Eligible applicants can receive federal subsidies on a portion of their rent.
Sunderland have made formal contact with Aberdeen over Derek McInnes as they seek a new manager, it is understood.The Black Cats have been seeking a replacement for David Moyes since he resigned last month in the wake of relegation to the Championship, and they appear to have honed in on Dons boss McInnes.It is understood Sunderland have now officially approached Aberdeen regarding the manager who led the Pittodrie side to a runners-up finish in last season’s Scottish Premiership and two cup finals.All three clubs relegated out of the Premier League started the summer looking for new bosses and Sunderland are the only one still managerless after Hull appointed Leonid Slutsky and Middlesbrough recruited Garry Monk.It is thought the Black Cats identified McInnes as their preferred candidate some time ago and the process may now move forward quickly after he returned from holiday.The 45-year-old is in his third managerial job having won promotion with St Johnstone prior to being lured back south of the border to take charge of Bristol City in 2011.McInnes lasted just over a year in the south west and was sacked by the club in January 2013 when they were bottom of the Championship, yet he has rebuilt his reputation at Pittodrie.He led the club to their first piece of silverware in 19 years when they won the Scottish League Cup in 2014 and the Dons finished each of the previous three seasons in second place in the league.However, having finished 30 points behind Celtic, who also beat them in both finals, McInnes could now be tempted by the challenge of bringing Sunderland back to English football’s top flight. 1 Derek McInnes
Traore joins for a club-record fee We are delighted to confirm that Adama Traore has signed for Wolves from @Boro for an undisclosed fee. #BienvenidoAdama✍️ pic.twitter.com/GuMYBwGkM3— Wolves (@Wolves) August 8, 2018The 22-year-old completed his medical on Tuesday morning before signing a five-year deal at Molineux.“I’m so happy, it’s a great day for me and my family and hopefully for the team,” Traore told Wolves TV.“I know the history of Wolves. It is a team with a big history and when people tell me I had the possibility of coming here I thought it was great.“After that my mentality is to work every day and be prepared for whatever comes.”Traore began his career in the Barcelona youth system and made a handful of first-team appearances at the Nou Camp before joining Aston Villa in August 2015. LATEST TRANSFER NEWS LIVING THE DREAM IN DEMAND moving on Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti 1 Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father targets Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January targets RANKED He moved to Middlesbrough the following summer, scoring five goals in 71 appearances at the Riverside.“I think Wolves are definitely ready for the Premier League,” Traore added.“My mentality is to fit in to the tactics but I think how Wolves play will definitely suit me.“Before I make any decision I know how they play, how they move, how the winger play.”Traore is renown for his exceptional dribbling ability and becomes the latest in a string of impressive additions for Wanderers.The 22-year-old is Nuno Espirito Santo’s fifth signing of the summer after the arrivals of Rui Patricio, Jonny Castro Otto, Joao Moutinho and Raul Jiminez. The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star Wolves have confirmed the club-record signing of Adama Traore from Middlesbrough for £18m.The former Barcelona and Aston Villa winger has signed a five-year deal with the club. REVEALED LATEST
CONCORD, N.C. — Jimmie Johnson overcame every problem thrown his way including tire troubles that turned Saturday night’s event into a laughingstock to win his fourth consecutive race at Lowe’s Motor Speedway and move into a tie with Tony Stewart in the Chase for the Championship. Johnson started 41st, battled a failing alternator, a cut right rear tire and overtime to prove no one can beat him on the track his Lowe’s-sponsored team considers its own private playground. Johnson has won five of the past six events at the suburban Charlotte facility. “I just can’t wait for this thing to be over so I can get out of here and hopefully not be hurt.’ The smooth track surface was a concern all weekend because of the dizzying speeds created after track president Humpy Wheeler twice grounded out its trademark bumps. Friday night’s Busch race gave teams a preview of what to expect when Goodyear’s tires struggled to hold over long runs and the race was marred by a record 14 cautions. “We’re going way too fast here,’ Jeremy Mayfield said. “It’s not right.’ 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWalnut’s Malik Khouzam voted Southern California Boys Athlete of the Week It moved Johnson up three spots in the standings and into a tie with Stewart who finished 25th after crashing while leading earlier in the race with five events remaining in the race for the Nextel Cup title. Biffle is in third in the standings, 11 points out. Johnson’s win was the one bright spot in a race marred by tire problems for 16 drivers including five Chase competitors because Goodyear’s rubber could not stand up to the increased speeds on the smoothed track surface. It forced NASCAR to issue a mid- race mandate on the minimum air pressure used on right front tires, and led inspectors to police pit road with a threat of docking points to teams who disobeyed. Stewart, Kyle Busch, Elliott Sadler and Kasey Kahne all lost the lead because of tire problems three of them crashed after their tires blew while Kahne avoided the wall. Many said the tire concerns left them too scared to push their cars to the limit, choosing instead to race at about 85 percent effort to prevent a possible tire failure. “I need a renewal of my life insurance policy, to tell you the truth,’ Stewart said to his crew when asked late in the race what he needed. “I can’t believe that we always end up somehow toward the front at the end of a race … this one in the closing laps after a long night of adversity,’ Johnson said. “We changed batteries, the alternator had some troubles, flat tire, all kinds of crazy things.’ He took the lead with nine laps to go and was pulling away until Rusty Wallace brought out the 15th caution of the race with one of the many, many tire problems. It bunched up the field for one final restart and Johnson held off Chase contenders Kurt Busch and Greg Biffle to lock up the victory.
Test your QPR knowledge by seeing how many of these five Rangers-related questions you can answer correctly.[wp-simple-survey-89]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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Here’s more on all that right here, but enough news. To get you ready for the matchup in … Second Draymond Green will not play either, but will make the trip with the team.Lastly, Damian Jones will start for the second straight preseason game. The Warriors wrapped up practice Thursday afternoon with a couple of setbacks before they headed to Seattle for Friday’s preseason matchup against the Kings.First, Stephen Curry will NOT play, nor make the trip North due to personal reasons.
CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile deviceFormer 49ers safety Eric Reid is complaining again.Reid complained over the summer and the first month of the NFL season, and for good reason. His 49ers contract expired after the 2017 season, and he could not attract any interest from NFL teams. He was so frustrated that he joined Colin Kaepernick in a collusion grievance against the league. The former 49ers teammates charged teams were blackballing them because of …
OAKLAND — Late August is too early to scoreboard watch, right?After the A’s swept the Yankees in three games — clinching it Thursday night with a 5-3 victory — and took three-of-four from the Houston Astros, we’ll allow a quick peek.The Cleveland Indians, once in firm grasp of the American League wild card’s first spot, fell off the top two marks after losing its third game in a row. The Tampa Bay Rays, on a two-game win streak, sit in that second spot. And, yes, there the Athletics sit atop …
SAinfo reporter Under such a structure, Eskom will pay capacity charges based on the availability of the plant, while the independent power producers will also be required to enter into an equivalent term agreement with a fuel supplier to procure fuel supply. “Shareholder arrangement criteria are being finalised and are envisaged to include a minimum of 25% shareholding to be allocated to black economic empowerment compliant investors,” Eskom said. South African state-owned power utility Eskom is seeking statements of qualification from both national and international companies that want to invest in the country as independent base load power producers. In a statement this week, Eskom said that its multi-site base load independent power producer programme would be developed on a build-own-operate basis, with an envisaged contract term of 25 years. Eskom recently began construction on the Kusile coal-fired base load power station near Witbank in the Mpumalanga province, while work on the Medupi coal-fired base load power station, situated near Lephalale in the Limpopo province, began in April this year. According to Eskom, interested parties are required to select sites inside South Africa as determined by access to fuel, transmission infrastructure and water sources, while connection to the Eskom transmission grid shall be made in compliance with the terms of the SA Grid Code as published by the National Energy Regulator. In 2003, the South African government decided that future power generation capacity would be divided between Eskom, which would produce 70% of the country’s electricity needs, and independent power producers generating the remaining 30%. 18 August 2008 According to the utility, it will act as the single dispatcher with the power purchase agreement being structured on an availability basis, as is customary for base load independent power producers. The tender closes on 5 September and notices of pre-qualification will be issued to successful pre-qualified Developers on 19 September. The request for proposal is targeted to be issued on 13 October, with final bids closing on 11 May 2009, while financial closure is scheduled for 7 December 2009. Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo material The first of Medupi’s six generating units will be commissioned by early 2011, with the last unit scheduled for commissioning by January 2015. The first of Kusile’s six generating units is scheduled for completion by 2013, followed by the completion on an additional unit after every eight months. “Under this programme, Eskom’s total requirement ranges from 2 100 megawatts to approximately 4 500 megawatts, with a minimum plant capacity of 200 megawatts,” the statement read. Further to this, Cabinet decided in 2007 that Eskom would be the sole buyer of electricity generated by independent power producers.
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest In the first installment of “Shootin’ the Shed”, the Ohio Ag Net’s Ty Higgins visits the farm of Randy Wagner. In 1975, Randy’s dad, Coy, had one of the biggest Morton Buildings built for the time. Take a look at the extras that Coy chose for the building and a request he made as the contract was being signed.